What would you share with the world if you could setup and maintain your own website and blog?
You can learn how to build and run a WordPress site.
Yes, I mean you!
Building and maintaining a website used to be something only geeks and techies could do. But that has changed in the last few years with the development of WordPress.
Maybe you’ve heard of WordPress. It’s been around since 2003, and today it powers over 25 million blogs and websites around the world.
Yours could be next!
WordPress takes care of most of the technical details for your online presence. No other tool does that! Because WordPress does the heavy lifting, you are free to focus on what you do best—writing great information to share with the world.
Your brilliance + WordPress = an awesome online presence
WordPress Empowers You to Meet Your Goals
Whatever you want to accomplish in your life, you can do it better, faster, and easier online.
It doesn’t matter if you want to:
- Connect with new customers for your business.
- Share information with your tribe.
- Talk about your passions.
- Get a new job (or a better job).
Everyone is online now. Creating your own online presence puts you out there where the right people can find you. The people who get you, who love what you love, who want to buy your products and services, and who are looking for someone exactly like you to work for them.
Wouldn’t it be amazing if you could build your own online presence and run it yourself?
Here’s Where I Come In
I’ve been using WordPress to build websites and blogs for businesses for over 5 years, and building online presence for 15 years. I know the ins and outs of WordPress. I’ve learned (sometimes the hard way) the smartest ways to make an online presence that people love to visit.
Not only do I build WordPress sites, but I’ve been teaching people how to use WordPress for over all those years. I teach clients how to maintain their own site. I also teach public classes at cool events like WordCamp and LaidOffCamp in Phoenix.
I’ve taught hundreds of small business people learn to use WordPress. And I can teach you, too!
WordPress Personalized Coaching
I offer one-on-one WordPress coaching. I’d love to guide you through the process of setting up your WordPress site.
Together, we will:
- Figure out the best place to put your website online at a price you can afford (which might be free!)
- Choosing and setting up your personalized domain name—your own .com!
- Go through the one-time setup of WordPress features so you don’t waste time experimenting or getting unwanted results.
- Choosing a strong look and feel for your site appropriate for your goals and audience.
- Find your unique voice and brand and incorporate them into your site.
- Fill in the content for your pages and blog posts.
- Create an inspiring list of topics for your future blog posts (and banish writer’s block!)
Best of all, because you have completed these tasks yourself (with my guidance), you are ready to maintain it going forward. You understand how the pieces fit together, so you can make adjustments as you get new ideas for your site.
I’m always just a phone call away for more help when you need it.
Are You Ready To Start?
I’d love to talk with you about how a WordPress site could help you reach your goals, and how I can work with you to make your dream come true. Call me now at 480.269.6233.
My WordPress coaching starts at $95/hour.
But I’ve Never Been Technical
There’s no reason to be afraid of WordPress. After the initial set up, writing and publishing your blog posts is almost as easy as sending an email. You really can do this!
“April has a wonderful, calming sense about her that is a huge asset when working with inexperienced WordPress users. Coaching WP involves a triple-whammy: (1) The fear of “coding” a website (REALLY? ME?!?), (2) The fear of sharing my personal opinions, ideas and experience online (often for the first time as well), and (3) The fear that I’m paying someone a bundle and they’re going to leave me after the class and I won’t have understood anything they said.
April goes out of her way to reassure her coaching students that the combination can be exciting and fun without the paralyzing fear. She speaks in normal everyday language and offers straightforward guidance that is easy to remember and work with after her session is over. Most of all, April offers reassurance that we CAN do this — even the most technology-avoidant of us — and enjoy doing it as well. I recommend her most highly as a WordPress coach.”
– Susan Baier, LaidOffCamp Phoenix Organizer
How It Works
So what actually happens when you hire me to coach you through your WordPress site setup and launch?
- In our first conversation, I ask you many questions. They help me to understand how you learn so I can tailor my presentations to your learning style. They also help me take the temperature of your project so I can assess how we can best work together.
- I create a customized checklist for your WordPress site creation.
- I explain how WordPress works, its major components, and what features will give you the results you want.
- In between phone sessions, you work independently on tasks that we have discussed.
- You contact me if you hit a snag, or you need more information, or you have any question about your site and how it works.
Here’s what a coaching client recently said about working with me.
“April is an amazing WordPress coach. Heck, she’s just an amazing coach. She took a holistic view of the situation, first understanding what my skill set was, what I wanted to accomplish with WordPress, and built a program from there.
April’s greatest strength is in how she approaches each lesson – not just diving into the tactical “how” rather explaining the bigger picture of “why” and “what.” This helped to lay the foundation for future learning. Whether you want to learn the basics to the more advance features and customization of WordPress – I highly recommend April.”
– Chris Bird, WordPress Coaching Client
After your site is up and running, you focus on getting your message out. Over time, you get ideas about site updates and put them in place. At any time, you can call me to help you:
- Think through site changes you want to make, and help you understand the WordPress features involved.
- Fine tune your brand and focus your unique voice.
- Reach out to a larger community with social media add-ons.
Let’s Get Started!
There’s so much more I can say about WordPress and my strategy to empower you to build and maintain your own site. But I’d rather hear your thoughts and questions now.
Call me at 480.269.6233 and let’s see how I can help you make your vision for an online presence into a reality!
Our first conversation is free.